Do you ever have one of those mornings where everything is slightly annoying? I'm having one of those mornings. I was running late, got stuck behind a bus on my way in to work, then stuck behind the slowest driver in the world in the parking ramp and finally was bombarded with club music while waiting for my elevator (the main floor of my building often has events going on...but club music at 8 in the morning? Come on). Nothing terrible, just annoying. Anyway, enough of my vent. On to the lipsticks.
Berry lips always reemerge in the fall/winter months. It's as reliable as shorter days and cooler weather. Here are a few options to add to your cold weather must haves:
1. Shame by Urban Decay. This is definitely for those who don't shy away from a really bold lip. It is a very deep berry color and the formula is really moisturizing while still coming off opaque.
2. Damned Velvet Matte Lip Pencil by NARS. These lip pencils have great staying power and are really easy to apply. Damned is what I consider a "true" berry color. An equal balance of purple and pink.
3. Rouge Artist Intense in #7 Matte Bordeaux by Make Up For Ever. These lipsticks also have wonderful staying power. The only down side of these is that they can be a little drying, so you may want to use them with a bit of balm.
4. Manic by Urban Decay. I don't know if it's cheating by having two UD lipsticks on the list, but hey, they are that good. Manic is described as a "soft wine" color on the Sephora site. I would say it's a reddish wine color...not quite a berry but I'm including it anyway. Gettin' crazy over here!
5. Almost Lipstick in Black Honey by Clinique. Black Honey is supposed to be a universally flattering shade and I think it lives up to that claim. You can apply it sheer or build it up for a bold effect. It's really moisturizing and feels more like a lip balm than a lipstick.
What lipsticks are on your list for fall?