Over the past five to eight years or so, sample sale websites have been popping up all around the internet. If you're not familiar with the concept, a sample sale website features items from a certain brand for a short period of time (usually two days or so) at a discounted price. Sounds awesome, right? It is, for the most part.
The one down side of these sites is the shipping time. The sites are not usually in possession of the items at the time of the sale. They are sent the items once the sale ends and then have to send them from their warehouse to your door. Because there are two shipment legs happening, it can take longer than if you order something directly from the brand's site. However, when you can get 60% off an item, it's worth it.
Because there are multiple sites out there, here's a run down with the basic differences between my favorite sites:
1. Hautelook. This is the site that I order the most from. I don't know if it's just because this is the first site I ever signed up for or what. But, I think they have good brands featured very often. There's also a good variety of shoes, jewelry, clothes and bags. The one thing that has started to annoy me is it seems their shipping time is getting a lot longer. It used to be maybe 2-3 weeks before the package would arrive, but now it's getting to be almost a month before I even get the "your item has shipped" email (which reminds me, I am still not so patiently waiting for my Diptyque items....).
2. Rue La La. They have a lot of "associate" sales where they have a variety of brands at a deep discount. Instead of having one specific brand, you are able to click on categories such as "dresses" or "shoes" and there will be discounted items from multiple brands.
3. Beyond the Rack. BTR has a wide variety of items for sale. Anything from home to kitchen to clothes to luggage are featured on the site at any given time. They also have a huge variety of brands. Everything from higher end labels to brands that are affordable before the sample sale price tag.
4. Gilt. Gilt definitely is the "high end" site of all sample sale sites. They feature expensive brands that, unfortunately, are still expensive (in my opinion) when at a discount.
5. My Habit. This is a new one to me. I haven't ever actually purchased anything from this site before but from what I understand, it's run by Amazon and has free shipping when shipping inside the US. That is AMAZING considering the shipping from the other sites is usually at least $8. When you're buying something that's say, twenty bucks, you really don't want to pay another eight just for shipping. I think more sites should take on the free shipping philosophy!
All in all, I think these are great sites to check out. Have you tried sample sale websites? Which ones are your favorites?