If you're not familiar with the empties post, it's basically just a review of everything that has been used up recently. I've finished up a few things over the last couple months -- some of the products were really great and some of them were pretty lackluster.
I'll just go from left to right so it's easier to follow:
1. Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Lotion in Lavender Vanilla. I really love the smell of this lotion. As far as moisturizing goes, it does an average job I would say. It's on par with the rest of the B&BW lotions. Good but not amazing. Also, this is the old packaging. They have since redesigned it and I don't like it as much. The old bottles were glass which was really nice. I think the new ones may be plastic...or at least the labels look cheaper. I also can't find this exact lotion on their site so the link is for the body cream.
2. Moroccan Oil Light. Love this hair oil. The one I have is the light version, supposedly for people with fine or light colored hair. I'm not sure how the formula is different but I've tried both and like them both equally. It smells so good and just gives some nice moisture to your hair.
3. Make Up For Ever HD Primer. I did a full review of this here so I won't spend a lot of time on this one. Overall, like it but I wouldn't say it's a must have. I think Smashbox does a better version.
4. Arigato Black Out Antiseptic Balm I don't even know where to start with these products. They are sold in a salon in St. Paul (also online!) and they have very basic and natural ingredients. I really liked this balm. It has a roller ball and you just apply it to any area where you feel a blemish coming on and it either prevents it or stops it from erupting to its full glory.
This brand also has a "Knock Em Dead" antiseptic spray that really takes the cake. I'm unofficially including this one since I feel like I can't mention this brand without saying something about the spray. I've gone through a couple of them but don't have a bottle on hand. It is AMAZING for the summer. It's refreshing and since it's an antiseptic, it keeps the breakouts away. This actually may be one of my all-time favorite products. If it sounds interesting to you consider getting a bottle! It's awesome and I love supporting little companies like this that are quality shops.
5. Maybelline BB Cream. This one was just okay. It was the first BB cream I tried and at first I really liked it. However, the lightest color wasn't quite light enough for me, the consistency is really runny and now that I've tried a real BB cream (more in another post next week) I realized just how inferior this one actually is!
6. Up and Up Daily Moisturizing Lotion. This is Target's version of Aveeno's daily lotion. I do really like this and think it does a good job as far as moisturizing. Plus it's cheap which is always nice. Unfortunately, I hate the smell. I think it's technically unscented, but it has that unscented scent...ya know? Ugh. I did repurchase it because it makes my skin feel smooth, but I think I'm going to find something else once I am done with my current bottle.
7. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. I've mentioned this one here as well and absolutely love it. If you ever get whiteheads, this is AMAZING! Thankfully, I don't have to use it much anymore but it's truly a must have if you break out a lot. It really dries out the spot quicker than any other product I've used. Also, if you order online you get to choose 3 samples of any other products. Some of the samples last a loonnggg time. I have a sample of the olive eye cream that I've been using for probably at least a month now and it's still going strong.
Okay -- almost done! If you've made it this far, thanks for reading what has turned out to be a novel.
8. Dior's Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum. Again, I absolutely love this product. It's a lil pricey, but it really lengthens and plumps your lashes without getting the least bit clumpy. I've tried other drugstore brands, but this is definitely the superior product. I'll probably only repurchase it when I have something important to go to (the drugstore brands DO work, even if they aren't as nice as this one) but again, it's awesome.
9. Last but not least, Benefit Bad Gal Mascara. I enjoyed this mascara. I thought it did a good job of plumping and lengthening...but I'm not sure if it's really worth the price. A lot of high end mascaras are really nice, but I just don't know if it's worth forking over $20 bucks when I could get a perfectly great mascara at the drugstore for $8 (cough Cover Girl Lash Blast cough). If I'm going to spend my money on high end makeup, I'd probably rather invest elsewhere.
Woooo all done! I hope this was at least somewhat interesting. I always enjoy watching the empties videos on You Tube so I figured I would do a post!
Have you finished up anything recently that you absolutely love?? I'd love to hear about it!