The high low skirt...or as I like to affectionately call it, the fashion mullet. I'm not sure if I'm completely on board as far as these skirts go. I think they can either be very cute or very wrong. There are also many different styles of this trend so I thought I would lay out the basics and let you decide!
1. First we have a pleated/striped version by Michael Kors. It is not as dramatic as some if it's counterparts, which is a plus for me.
2. This floral piece (by Billabong...random I know) possesses a little more drama, if that's your style.
3. The skirt from Tillys.com is the most dramatic and probably my least favorite. It's in a basic color, so it has that going for it. However, I like a little more subtlty in my fashion mullets. It's a little too much "business in the front, party in the back" for me.
4. Most of the high low skirts I have seen are made out of a flowy fabric but this Katie Gallagher is ready for the office. I could actually get on board with this one by pairing it with a tucked button down, some good accessories and a nice pump.
5. Last but not least, the LC Lauren Conrad high low. This is my fav out of the five. It has a traditional skirt style lining but the high low effect is created by a sheer overlay. I also really love the color. Throw on a white tank and a great statement necklace and you're good to go!
What's your opinion on the high low skirt? Love it or hate it?
Hope everyone has a great weekend!